How to Create Cluster 7 (Ubuntu 20.04)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 20:27, 19 October 2021 by Jgutierrez6 (→Create a Network Address Translation(NAT) machine)
Here are the instructions on how to build Cluster 7 using Ubuntu 20.04.
The build is not complete as of October 19, 2021.
Hardware Requirements (so far)
- 2 x 1 gigabit unmanaged switches
- one switch for private IP
- one switch for public IP
- 4 x unused ProLiant DL160 G5 Machines
- one for NAT machine
- one for Foreman Server
- one for LDAP Server
- one extra for any testing
- 1 x USB for Operating System (OS)
Create a Network Address Translation(NAT) machine
A NAT machine will act as a local VPN to the cluster. This will be the first machine you SSH into.
Here are the instructions:
- Install Ubuntu 20.04 using USB. You can skip everything and leave everything default.
- After OS installation, grab MAC Address of network interface enp4s0
- ip a
- Create a DNS entry for this machine in the website below to give you a public IP address
- Configure private and public network interfaces
- vim /etc/netplan/00-installer-config.yaml
- Configuration should look like this:
- # This is the network config written by 'subiquity'
- - 10.70.1.2/16
- gateway4: 127.0.0.1
- - 10.70.1.1
- - dot
- - 22.214.171.124/16
- gateway4: 126.96.36.199
- - 188.8.131.52
- - 184.108.40.206
- - 220.127.116.11
- - 18.104.22.168
- - dot
- - compbio.ucsf.edu
- version: 2
- Test if configuration works