How to Create Cluster 7 (Ubuntu 20.04)
Here are the instructions on how to build Cluster 7 using Ubuntu 20.04.
The build is not complete as of October 19, 2021.
Hardware Requirements (so far)
- 2 x 1 gigabit unmanaged switches
- one switch for private IP
- one switch for public IP
- 4 x unused ProLiant DL160 G5 Machines
- one for NAT machine
- one for Foreman Server
- one for LDAP Server
- one extra for any testing
- 1 x USB for Operating System (OS)
Create a Network Address Translation(NAT) machine
A NAT machine will act as a local VPN to the cluster. This will be the first machine you SSH into.
Here are the instructions:
- Install Ubuntu 20.04 using USB. You can skip everything and leave everything default.
- Create a DNS entry for this machine in the website below to give you a public IP address
- You need the MAC Address of an ethernet interface
- Configure private and public network interfaces
- vim /etc/netplan/00-installer-config.yaml
- Configuration should look like this: