ZINC-22 Clean Up in Jan 2022
We started building ZINC-22 before all of the cataloging apparatus was ready. As a result of mistakes we made, a few tranches were damaged, have been lost, and must be rebuilt.
We cleaned up ZINC-22 in the first week of January 2022, deleting 47.6 million 3D molecules that you have likely docked. We are sorry but this was unavoidable.
What was affected
The affected molecules are:
- H24P200-230 which have the prefix oq, or, os, ot after ZINC. Only per the table below.
- H22P320-380 which have the prefix mC, mD, mE, mF, mG, mH, mI, mJ after ZINC. per the table below.
generation tranche. count ----------------------------------- zinc-22x | H24P200_230 | 38034845 zinc-22u | H24P200_230 | 2105987 zinc-22k | H24P200_230 | 81295 zinc-22l | H24P200_230 | 39679 zinc-22m | H24P200_230 | 52743 zinc-22o | H24P200_230 | 751764 zinc-22p | H24P200_230 | 2105987 zinc-22x | H22P320_390 | 3895304 zinc-22u | H22P320_390 | 1097048
Molecules in these tranches will NOT be findable by ZINC code in Cartblanche22.docking.org. However, they CAN be found by searching the SMILES in the swp.docking.org service. So you can still likely buy them.
- We are building/updating new smallworld and arthor indexes based on ZINC-22 2d-12. H04-H26
- We are working to complete H27-H29. Maybe Feb 1. Until then, looking up molecules in cartblanche22 H27-H29 may fail.
workaround is to look up in smallworld private.
- We have found a bug in which a few thousand molecules - mostly N-oxides or other uncommon functional groups - have been incorrectly treated as radicals. We are working to fix this. For now, ignore them if you see them.
- ZINC20 in stock in ZINC-22, called /zinc-22g/ has been completely re-created. The numbering of molecules may have changed.
We regret the impact this may cause. We had generated several versions of zinc-22g "ZINC 20 in stock" in 2021. They are all gone.
We will try to minimize future disruption. The changes described here were essential to getting a high level of correctness in the database without delay.
Questions to jjiteam at googlegroups dot com.